Hemant Kogekar is passionate about helping IT leaders improve technology management in their organisations. Having been a CIO / IT leader of several major Australian organisations for a several years, he has developed insights into IT management challenges. He consults to IT organisations in Australia.
Kogekar Consulting is a Sydney based consulting firm that helps its clients address difficult technology management challenges leveraging our extensive IT Management experience..
Hemant has broad industry experience with an expertise in financial services and retailing industry. Hemant has held Chief Information Officer / IT Director positions at major organisations such as Suncorp Metway Bank, Citibank and Franklins. His strategic consulting clients include Insurance Australia Group, KAZ and Perpetual Trustees. He is a high integrity pragmatic leader known for ability to envision as well as deliver business aligned IT strategy in complex organisations.
- IT Strategy Planning – Developed IT strategy and architecture for major financial services organisations addressing technology selection, IT transformation, strategic sourcing and governance.
- IT Governance – Extensive experience in IT Governance including Investment governance, project and portfolio control and benefits realization. Management of core systems replacement initiatives.
- Program / Portfolio Management – Extensive experience in successfully managing programs and project portfolios of $5 to $50 million in large and complex organisations in banking, retail and insurance. Established strong business partnership and managed business stakeholders up to board level.
- Cost Management – Extracted millions of dollars of cost savings with focus on IT cost management, smart procurement, standardization and demand management
- Transformation management– Transformed a large IT group from being ‘order-takers’ to becoming effective business partners delivering products and services with 50% less time to market.
- IT Service Management – Strong experience in cost-effective delivery of complex and mission critical IT services using service management techniques such as ITIL and customer centric measures.
|Grad Dip Banking Management (MGSM)||Fellow (Aust. Inst Mgt)|
|M. Sc (University of Alberta)||Fellow (Finsia)|
|B. Tech (IIT, Mumbai)||Member (ACS)|